HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Intermediate Care Nurse, Sign-On Bonus, Full-Time Days in Ogden, Utah
* SIGN-ON BONUS WITH NURSING EXPERIENCE 2 years and Relocation if applicable *
At Ogden Regional Medical Center be part of a team that is compassionate and provides quality care. Opportunities to learn and expand your nursing career.
Our northern Utah facility serves a large community with our variety of services including: a cancer treatment center, women's services, cardiology services, and an alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center as well as many others. We were listed in the Truven Health Analytics top 100 hospitals for 2013 and continue our path of excellence in healthcare. Ogden Regional is at the heart of the mountains with over six ski resorts within an hour's drive. There is also a great downtown area with restaurants and shops to satisfy all tastes. With a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital is in a great central location to meet all your family's needs
Registered Nurse Intermediate Care- Ogden Regional Medical Center
Responsible for processing and coordinating the flow of updated patient information and unit activity. This position deals with confidential information of a critical nature on a routine basis.
15 bed Step-down Unit
Provides care for a variety of patients; specializes in intermediate care.
RNs on this Unit will utilized their skills in moderate sedation, cardiac arrhythmia identification and treatment, universal protocol, core measures, and trach care.
RNs have opportunities to cross-train and float to the Intensive Care Unit. With an experienced and stable leadership team, RNs have the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance either in the unit, in other Ogden Regional Medical Center specialty areas, or across HCA hospitals.
Complete nursing assessments on individual patients by observation and interaction with patient/significant others to identify physical and psychosocial.
- Does complete and accurate patient admission assessment within the guidelines by the Patient Care Policy on Physical Assessments.
- Completes prescribed nursing interventions and procedures within state practice guidelines.
- Evaluates and documents each patient's response to medications, interventions, and procedures. Assists in formulation, coordination, and implementation of the patient's Plan of Care based on the assessment of their individual needs.
- Safely and accurately administers medication and IV solutions by utilizing e-MAR scanning. Acts in accordance with their professional licensure and hospital policy. Maintains patient safety during all aspects of nursing intervention and documents safety measures in patient's medical record.
- Responds appropriately to all emergencies, and follows standard precautions for all patients.
- Complies with HCA’s Code of Ethics and attends the annual Code of Ethics update and promotes the Patients’ Bill of Rights.
- Follows policies, procedures and standards that govern delivery of patient care in compliance with the established state, federal, corporate, hospital, and nursing department regulations and accreditation standards.
- Understands and supports nursing philosophy and hospital mission as it applies within each department.
- This position requires knowledge of growth and developmental needs of patients and families. Personnel in this position must recognize and respond to the behaviors of patients and families in each age category.
- They must also be able to demonstrate the special skills required to care for patients and their families from birth to death according to standards.
- The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training, and/or experience.
- Assists in planning and coordinating care, gathering data under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Performs treatments/procedures and administers medication within state practice guidelines.
Follows-up with other associates, other disciplines, physicians, and others
Current licensure as an RN in the state of Utah.
- Current Basic Dysrhythmia ACLS and NIH Stoke Scale certification are required within first 6 months employment and ongoing, along with CPR for Healthcare Providers certification.
- Required to have graduated from an accredited Registered Nursing program.
- Hospital mandatory education for employment in Critical Care.
- 6 months clinical nursing experience or the equivalent required.
- The employee will have frequent interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other departments, patients and their families. They must have the sensitivity, maturity, and the ability to communicate with others.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Intermediate Care Nurse, Sign-On Bonus, Full-Time Days
Location: Utah-Ogden-Ogden Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06030-36884