Farmers Insurance Help Desk Analyst I in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- We are Farmers! *
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Job Summary Provides phone support for business and IT customers technical problems and service requests; records problem symptoms and information for escalation of the more complex problems to higher level support; maintains knowledge of relevant products and service offerings to provide accurate solutions; acts as representative of technical services to its customers.
This position is in an inbound call center / help desk environment where you are troubleshooting and assisting Farmers employee's and Farmers agents with their technical needs.
*Essential Job Functions *
- Provides basic help desk support for problems and service requests related to hardware, software, network/mainframe connectivity and application support.
- Acts as representative of technical services to its customers.
- Initiates, escalates or resolves problem tickets and/ or service requests.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical problems, escalates to support resources.
- Facilitates closure to problem ticket/ service requests while meeting or exceeding defined service level expectations.
- Conducts timely 1st level problem determination for incidents using documented procedures, and accurately documenting the issues using the appropriate toll(s).
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to Service Requests through approved channels to the Help Desk in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Records problem symptoms and status information in a timely/accurate fashion using the appropriate tools in order to communicate with and properly utilize 2nd and 3rd level support resources.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Must be able to provide clear, concise, information through written and verbal communications.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:A minimum of 1 year Enterprise technical experience, required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant business experience or certifications.
*Experience Requirements * Level I: One year of technical experience or equivalent technical knowledge.
*Special Skill Requirement * *Helpdesk is a 24 x 7 x 365 operation so weekends, evening and night shifts may be required. * *Occasional travel. *
Level-1: Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings. Understands routine business conversations and letters and is able to communicate with few errors. Level-2: Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts. Level-3: Able to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively. Capable of composing reports and technical explanations. Level-4: Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content. Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Help Desk Analyst I
Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Requisition ID: 1700039C