Waste Management Plant Maintenance Manager-Recycle $4000 Sign On Bonus in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is searching for an experienced Maintenance Manager for our Oklahoma City MRF (Recycling Center).
This individual, needs to be an experienced technician with strong Leadership skills, and a focus on Reliability/ Preventative Maintenance. This Manager will be called upon to Select, train, and mentor employees.Key areas are mechanical. Electrical and hydraulic repair. This position will require a majority of time spent on the plant floor, supervising and inspecting machinery and completed tasks.Prior experience repairing conveyors, electric motors, and PLC's is required.Additionally, this position will require experience costing repairs and improvements.
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Plans, directs, controls, and assists in the efforts of the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and facilities commensurate with good engineering practices.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manages the preventive maintenance program and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Develops, maintains and administers an organization qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working condition. Executes an effective preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Maintains all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedules needed repair to have minimum interference.
- Consults with other departments regarding desirable modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs.
- Coordinates the efficient operation of facilities with project engineers.
- Coordinates and oversees the efficient maintenance of all plant transportation equipment.
- Analyzes cost studies of proposals for new facilities and equipment in the department designed to secure reduced operating costs. Makes recommendations thereon to the Plant Manager.
- Develops objectives and standards of performance for projects within the Maintenance Department required to meet departmental, divisional and corporate goals and objectives.
- Plans and provides for an adequate supply and ensures control over spare parts and maintenance supplies.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 2 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 7 years in engineering and maintenance of equipment and facilities work experience. (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Title: Plant Maintenance Manager-Recycle $4000 Sign On Bonus
Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Requisition ID: 17010789