HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN - Patient Logistics Center - FT Days in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
General Description: Under general supervision, responsible for triage of patients to the appropriate hospital.
Essential Responsibilities: /Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position. /
· Responsible for triage of patients to an appropriate hospital through inpatient and emergency department transfers and Direct Admissions
· Utilizing a computerized system of approved clinical protocols, the will assess, educate and advise referring facilities of the appropriateness of transfer referral request providing safe, effective and appropriate dispositions of care
· Communicates patient information to the Physicians and Nursing Units for acceptance and patient bed assignment
· Receives requests for patient admission to hospital, patient internal transfers and notifications of discharges for OUMC
· Assigns patient’s beds, as appropriate, and maintains list of pending admits under the supervision/direction of the Bed Management Coordinator
· Receives a written physician’s order to admit, register or schedule a patient
· Maintains various reports and logs, as appropriate
· Maintains/updates Teletracking on an ongoing basis
· Delegates tasks to supporting staff.
· Performs other duties as assigned**
Minimum Qualifications:*Education:*Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing *Experience:*Two (2) years inpatient RN experience. Critical care experience preferred. *Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required:*Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment.BLS required upon hire. Additional certifications may be required based on department assignment, see attached for details.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: * Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures. Ability to maintain good working relationships with physicians and other employees in following verbal and written instructions. Excellent typing skills. Knowledge of hospital policies and procedures. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on providing customer service to internal and external customers. Good computer skills with familiarity of Teletracking and/or ability to learn Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of commonly used hospital based computer programs would be helpful. Ability to relay information accurately and concisely. Ability to work closely with multiple disciplines in the healthcare setting. Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks.*
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: RN - Patient Logistics Center - FT Days
Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-OU Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00322-27330