Waste Management Accounting Manager in Ontario, Canada
At WM, our Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing our team of 9 Accountants in our Waterloo Area Office and all activities within the Finance department. Primarily, this role will oversee all personnel needs of the department from hiring and training to performance evaluation and promotion decisions.
• Assisting in the development, implementation and compliance of goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting and/or payroll.
• Supervising and participating in the preparation of various financial statements and reports ensuring integrity and quality of financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and WM policies.
• Directing performing month-end functions; general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property and operating expenses.
• Providing financial system oversight and support; completing periodic audits of financial system controls.
• Reviewing and evaluating work to ensure quality, timeliness and quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
What It Takes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study & 7 years’ relevant experience in a financial management capacity.
• Don’t have a Degree? Then you’ll need a High School Diploma/GED & 11 years’ relevant experience in a financial management capacity.
• Accounting designation (CPA/CGA).
What’s In It For You!
At WM, our employees receive a competitive total compensation package! This includes comprehensive self-directed benefits, paid vacation, discounted WM stock purchase program, RRSP contribution/matching and paid training via our own online WM University!
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply” to submit your application for consideration!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Title: Accounting Manager
Requisition ID: 17012576