HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Case Manager PRN in Orange Park, Florida
At Orange Park Medical Center, the role of the Case Manager is to facilitate optimum patient outcomes through a collaborative process that assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services required to meet an individual’s health needs using communication and available resources to promote quality and cost-effective outcomes through a full continuum of care. The Case Manager identifies opportunities for improvements in patient care. The Case Manager provides documentation of all functions as required by the regulatory agencies.
· Responds to supervisor & CFO requests for information & assistance in a cooperative manner & within appropriate time frame and comes prepared to weekly self pay meeting.
· Gives list of anticipated discharge patients to the Charge Nurse daily at the end of every work day.
· Documents patient’s admission status in Support Services.
· Documents discharge disposition in Midas on the day of discharge.
· Places frequent updates on the Observation Tracker, throughout the day
· Reviews written monthly policies & procedures and acknowledges understanding by sending a read receipt message to the Office Coordinator.
· Accurately performs admission certification of medical necessity within 24-36 hours of patient admission.
· After following the assessment of the patient the Case Manager will make appropriate referral to the Social Worker.
· Deliver Medicare Important Message as directed by CMS guidelines.
· Ensure Patient Choice policy is followed.
· Completes CAGE tool for screening and brief intervention with referral to treatment (SBIRT).
The Case Manager will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treats each patient with dignity and care, and maintains patient confidentiality/privacy.
Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
Provides appropriate patient/family education, per department and hospital policy and procedures.
*Required Education: *2 year/Associate Degree
*Required License/Certification: *RN/LPN; BLS-C
*Required Experience: *3-5 years
Job: *Case Management
Title: Case Manager PRN
Location: Florida-Orange Park-Orange Park Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01310-8048