HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Maintenance Mechanic in Orange Park, Florida
At Orange Park Medical Center, we are committed to quality care and a heightened focus on extraordinary service. Founded in 1974, Orange Park Medical Center has grown from a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider in northeast Florida. We are a full-service, acute-care hospital with 317 inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, providing medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities. The hospital has 170 private rooms. There are nine labor, delivery and recovery room suites for new mothers and a seven-bed, Level-2 neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for premature babies and those born with special needs. There is also a 24-bed psychiatric unit, 20-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and 20 ICU beds.
We are looking for a new Maintenance Mechanic, responsible for General Maintenance repairs within the Facility, as well as, the maintenance and repair of the pneumatic tube system and BAS within the Facility. Set priorities for all work orders and preventative maintenance. Proficient in the use of IPADS, computer technology, and Microsoft Office.
1) Individual responds promptly to all calls for emergency repairs. Takes care of any duty assignments that may arise in an emergency situation. Is available for on call. Responds to any hazards and / or emergency situations as the situation requires; maintains universal precautions.
2) Repairs and maintains equipment in a skilled trade area. Diagnosis and repair system malfunctions on all facilities related equipment. Repairs equipment outside of skilled trade area as assigned. Must be available to respond to emergencies (hurricanes, fires, etc. ) and remain until the emergency is over.
3) Schedules and performs preventative maintenance according to procedure. Performs and documents scheduled inspections and safety tests, maintaining code compliance. Performs major overhauls and rebuilds. Maintains equipment at optimum efficiency using accepted procedures.
4) Maintains complete and accurate records of all maintenance and repairs. Maintains record ensuring compliance with TJC, Federal, State and Local regulations and standards. Responsible for keeping current on maintenance logs. Participates in Performance improvement programs. 5) Monitors work performed by outside contractors to insure requirements are met and results are documented properly. Reports any hazardous situations to appropriate personnel. Reports any needed repairs to appropriate personnel. Reports all relevant issues to the supervisor in a timely and accurate manner. **
6) Insures that tool cart is locked at all times when not attended. Maintains a clean and safe environment around work area at all times.
7) Is responsible for keeping current on new developments in the area of plant operations. Attends all departmental in-services as scheduled, actively plans and contributes to the department activities as requested. Attends education programs and seminars as needed.
8) Required to train/in-service employees on equipment usage and methods as necessary. Must be able to explain standard operating procedures to other team members. 9) Must have prior extensive knowledge in the use and repair of pneumatic tube systems and building automation systems. 10) Must have a license or certificate from a trades school with ten years’ experience their field.
Required Education: Required License/Certification: Required Experience:
Skilled technical license or certificate required. 5 years commercial/industrial maintenance Preferred Education: Preferred License/Certification: Preferred Experience: Trade school, or licensed tradesman
Prefer 5 years previous hospital experience.
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Florida-Orange Park-Orange Park Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01310-7876