HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Provider Solutions Specialist in Palatka, Florida
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
/ Additional Facts: /
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500 • Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009 • Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010 • 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures
Summary of Duties: The Provider Solutions Specialist is an integral role for HCA IT&S. Using a balanced combination of customer service, project management, sales, leadership, training, and technology skills, this role serves as the primary training and support resource for providers in the healthcare setting. The role requires working closely with providers, but also involves working with an ecosystem of healthcare professionals including provider office personnel, Medical Staff Office, Provider Relations, Clinical Services, facility leaders, and others. Responsibilities include assisting providers throughout the healthcare continuum from the introduction to adoption and advancing utilization of HCA technologies. Duties also include ensuring providers (and personnel) have training and instruction on how to access and effectively utilize healthcare technologies and responding to, triaging, and delivering seamless coordination for provider support needs. The Provider Solutions Specialist will maintain collaborative relationships and engage across business units to enhance the provider experience with technologies and communicate key provider technology enablers. This role is responsible for understanding the dynamic landscape of Health IT, various digital access points, and common clinical workflows.
Supervisor (Varies by Division):
Director, Physician Support
Manager, Physician Support
Director, Application Services Supervises: None
Duties Include, and are not limited to:
Implementation/Change Management: a) Assists in implementation and support of systems and technologies deployed to physicians and physician offices. b) Active participation in projects that affect physicians c) Installs and supports IT&S software per HCA and Division IT&S standards and guidelines, focusing on products HCA provides to support the physician community. d) Recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance, and support of providerfacing equipment and technologies. e) Assists in testing physician-related systems for facility-specific requirements. f) Works to develop and deploy best practices for physician support.
Support Requests: a) Proactively rounds in the facility and physician practices to ensure physician support needs are identified and addressed b) Provides physician technology support to facility-based and referring physicians. c) Coordinates physician and physician office service requests and incident resolutions through the Division Service Desk. Reviews problem tracking databases. d) Documents interactions with physician and physician teams to confirm needs are met and report issues to other teams e) Analyzes and provides hands-on support for moderate to complex inquiries. Determines appropriate technical group or vendor to resolve the problem and coordinates as needed. f) Monitors and communicates trends and issues that may affect administration/physician relationships. g) Provides timely response and resolution to provider issues identified and reported in GrowthLink, as applicable. h) Provides on-call support as needed. i) Serves as a subject-matter expert for provider support to the Service Desk Community.
Access: HCA-IT&S, Inc. a) Collects, validates, and appropriately routes documentation to support system access, confidentiality, information protection and security compliance. b) Assures providers and staff have access to appropriate patient data. c) Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance. d) As directed, conducts or assists with access reviews and audits. e) Tracks, monitors, and enhances provider utilization of HCA technologies, by offering at the elbow support and one-on-one training.
Partnerships: a) Contributes to division and facility strategic planning with regard physician product lines. b) Acts as an advocate for physicians and physician office staff needs. c) Provides an overview of provider-facing technology solutions to Provider Relations team. d) Serves in liaison role for all new provider-related applications. e) Works with Provider Relations and Medical Staff Teams to ensure the accuracy or physician data and physician group listings in HCA systems.
- Responsible for planning, developing, tracking and delivery of training for providers, hospital business partners, and physician office staff on new and current applications and workflows.
- Develop, maintain and customize educational material for new HCA IT&S solutions and application enhancements to reflect facility or physician-specific needs.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations, train-the-trainer, and special training courses as needed.
- Ability to train in a multitude of settings and leverage existing technology to meet the needs of the audience or customer base.
- Ability to execute testing procedure training plans, conduct pilot trainings, and provide feedback to project lead to better serve our HCA business partners.
- Ability to learn application functionality in order to effectively train others in how to install and manage the application on their own device.
- Partners with facility and division colleagues to enable a successful physician experience and foster improved customer service interactions
- Effectively communicates with customers, maintaining positive body language with confidence and patience.
- Follows up, post issue resolution, to complete customer service cycle
- Seeks feedback through customer interaction to identify areas of improvement
- Makes realistic commitments to customers and keeps promises
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: 1. Organizational a) Organize/prioritize tasks and maintain attention to detail b) Willingness to update job skills in a changing environment c) Flexibility to manage unanticipated changes d) Adaptable to changing environment of the healthcare industry to physician support
Leadership a) Possess well-developed leadership skills b) Professional attitude and appearance c) Self-motivated and goal oriented
Communication a) Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and writing b) Proven customer-facing teaching abilities
Customer Service a) Experience in providing high-level service b) Customer service orientation and/or training
Relationship Building a) Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships among facility leadership, physicians, and end-users HCA-IT&S, Inc. b) Ability to work well with other employees
Problem Solving a) Handle multiple duties simultaneously and exhibit initiative b) Broad understanding of workflow and how systems are used in physician practices
Clinical/Technical a) Prior experience supporting clinical applications with physicians b) Expertise in using clinical information systems c) Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- Healthcare Inspiration: a) Knows technology improves the patient experience b) Believes clinicians care for people better when armed with the right technology c) Provides tools caregivers need to do their best work d) Sees that technology applied to healthcare is meaningful... it matters
Education: College graduate or advanced course studies or related experience with three years previous experience in healthcare related field preferred.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Provider Solutions Specialist
Location: Florida-Palatka-Putnam Community Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25474-11469