HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Social Worker LCSW/LSW PRN in Payson, Utah
Mountain View Hospital's physical location is the greatest recruiting asset and liability. Most want to come here, because of the community feel or the family they have in the area. The staff, Managers and Admin work very hard to make the work place a family oriented place to work.
The Social Worker/Discharge Planner is responsible for providing social services and discharge planning functions for the Hospital to facilitate efficient discharge and/or transfer from the Hospital. Provides resources for inpatients, outpatients, Emergency Department patients and support to the skilled unit designee when resources are unavailable. Participates in performance improvement activities and CQI activities within the department.
Position shift- Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 with some weekend and holidays as needed.
Takes initiative to assist other staff in completion of their assignments, as needed.
Accepts reassignment and additional duties, when necessary, in a flexible and positive manner.
Demonstrates the ability to integrate age specific factors into the plan of care and involves the patient and family in the care plan process as appropriate to age. (Age of Patient Population Served: Adult to Geriatric).
Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate the recommendations of the treatment team to the patient, the patient's family, caregivers and other support systems.
Demonstrates the ability to increase the awareness of existing community resources to the patient, family, and caregivers.
Effectively performs in a leadership role as a treatment team member in the treatment team process.
Demonstrates the ability to effectively advocate for the patient.
Department Specific Criteria:
* Masters in Social Work required.
* Two years of social work experience preferred.
* Clinical skills and practice congruent with accepted best practice standards of care
* Demonstrates professionalism by appearance, actions, self-development, and guest relations
* Uses interpersonal skills, which convey a positive and supportive attitude
* Demonstrates flexibility with schedule changes or changing job assignments to meet patient care needs.
* Excellent language and communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstration of a team approach to work.
* Able to handle high stress situations.
* Demonstrates advance practice in assessment and clinical skills and ability to plan and facilitate therapy groups. Qualifications: * Masters in Social Work required. * * LCSW licensure preferred.* LSW Required. * Two years of social work experience required. * BLS – Healthcare Provider certification
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Social Worker LCSW/LSW PRN
Location: Utah-Payson-Mountain View Hospital
Requisition ID: 00138-36757