Bank of America Communications Manager in Pennington, New Jersey
Retirement & Personal Wealth Solutions (RPWS) serves the core financial needs of individual clients and plan participants by connecting our capabilities across the firm. RPWS is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive set of personal wealth and retirement products and services through Banking, Merrill Edge and Advisory channels. RPWS provides tools and content that enables financial advisors and bankers to help their client’s live better financial lives.
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing and managing the communication suite of materials for eligible and participating retirement plan participants. The Communications Manager must be a creative thinker who can develop and execute content in multiple formats (brochures, flyers, articles, Quick Tips, etc.) deliverable in print, video, and online media formats. This includes the development and maintenance of the core suite of participant communications offerings across multiple products (401k, Equity, NQDC, ESPP and Financial Wellness) and using multiple forms of delivery (electronic, print, email, video, etc.). This role is multi-faceted requiring relationship skills to work strategically with the product managers to define marketing opportunities, project scope, requirements and outcomes; working with our Creative Services team to deliver; and client facing associates to engage in feedback and effectiveness of communications. S/he will be aware of competitive offerings and partner with internal and external resources to deliver relevant, actionable communications. Bringing best practices to the table, s/he will create a high-quality, consistent experience for employees/plan participants driving positive behaviors both in-plan and out-of-plan.
• Develop content for the suite on a variety of topics such as saving and investing for retirement, participation in various benefit plans; targeted communications based on generation, behaviors; financial wellness, etc..
• Work with Creative Services and Project management teams to manage and lead projects Create new collateral targeting key participant behaviors with a focus on driving participation, increased savings, diversification and use of automated channels.
• Assist in developing marketing plans and strategy through all communication channels; develop tactics and articulate communication requirements for various initiatives.
• Draft participant communications including creative briefs, presentations, brochures, direct mail, etc.
• Manage external agency and vendor relationships for copywriting and design services
• Ensure that all pieces produced maintain consistency with and promote BofA value proposition and strategy.
• Develop message positioning and ensure alignment associated with IR value proposition and Integrated Benefits products: Defined Contribution, Equity Compensation Awards & ESPP, Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation and Defined Benefit, as well as Financial Wellness related educational content.
• Partner with teams within Retirement Group, FAs, Plan Sponsor Marketing Communications, and other divisions to drive employee behavior and manage positioning associated with ML brand and retirement strategy messaging platforms.
• Solicit and receive feedback on content and gaps making recommendations to incorporate or build new content.
• Work with reviewers to ensure we meet Bank requirements while keeping audience needs in mind to keep content understandable, clear and actionable
• Manage Budget
• Manage outside vendor relationships
• Experience with developing communications to various audiences at different levels of financial literacy
• Minimum 5 years directly related Marketing background and experience
• Ability to articulate a clear vision and strategy for a comprehensive communications offering
• Ability to develop and implement effective programs and processes to achieve that vision.
• Design communication programs to drive full utilization of plans such as participation in the plan, diversification of assets, increased savings rates and adoption of advice services as well as distribution counseling and retirement income services.
• Analyzing plan-level participant data for targeting
• Understanding our Corporate clients, their unique workplace environment(s) and culture
• Utilizes competitive intelligence to ensure alignment with industry best practices and to drive quality and innovation
• Applying marketing and communication best practices
• Write, design and implement online and print communications on topics such as retirement planning, college planning, investing, and personal finance.
• Create content and managing the design, approval and delivery for a variety of product marketing materials including fliers, brochures, presentations, workbooks, html email, etc.
• Drafting participant communications including creative briefs, on-demand presentations, brochures, direct mail, etc.
Bachelors Degree required
• Managing external agency and vendor relationships for copywriting and design services
• Ensuring that all communications produced maintain consistency and alignment of messages with value proposition, business objectives, visual identity and branding guidelines.
• Partnering closely with marketing, product, sales, relationship management and service for strategy design and campaign execution related to behavior-based communications
• Measuring the success of communication efforts and documenting case studies
• Budget management
Posting Date : 09/14/2017
Location : US-NJ-Pennington
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.