Thermo Fisher Scientific Production Handler in Petaluma, California
Day/Shift: Flexiblehours (Day / Night &4 days / 10 hours)
When you arepart of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, andyou will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managersand inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources andopportunities to make significant contributions tithe world.
The Production Handler is responsiblefor changing product on injection molding machines, moving supplies andproducts to/from the manufacturing areas by, hand truck or cart. Works with Moldingand QC personnel to meet objectives and achieve metric goals.
1. Receives, locates, and transfers totesaccurately and in a timely manner.
2. Follows established procedures and maintainsa safe, clean working environment.
3. Participates in quality improvement efforts.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individualmust be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/orability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education: Some training, butless than a high school diploma or equivalent training and /or experience, withfocus on production or material handling.
Experience: 6 months to <1year experience related to manual work preferably in a manufacturingenvironment.
Other skills and abilities required include:
1. Follow instructions
2. Familiarity with shippingpractices and handling methods.
3. Ability to managepriorities and workflow
4. Versatility, flexibility,and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
5. Ability to understand andfollow written and verbal instructions.
6. Must be able to speak,read, write, and understand English, the language used in the work place.
- Medium Work – Ability to lift andmove a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
- Employees are required to wearsmock, hair covering,
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.