AECOM Commercial Manager in Peterborough, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Commercial Manager
United Kingdom - Norfolk
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Managers, Project Surveyors, and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our Peterborough Business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Water, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Commercial Manager to support in our business growth.
Due to growth we are looking to recruit Commercial Managers who will be accountable and responsible for the proactive management of procurement, contractual and commercial processes / procedures, cost control, reporting, risk management, project P&L and compliance with the project execution plan management.
Collaborating within a Commercial team you will be involved but not limited to some of the key responsibilities,
• The commercial performance of projects / trade packages within the remit of ensuring that risk is mitigated / managed.
• Effective management for change & claims commercial closure ensuring that the project performs within the defined commercial expectations.
• Effective Management & Control of the project tender event schedule.
• Establish necessary monitors to ensure AECOM & project commercial compliance – insurances / tax certs / bonds / warranties etc.
• Preparation of financial / commercial reports to the Commercial Director & Project Director.
• Interface with finance department to ensure & define business unit reporting / information requirements, that business unit complies with statutory obligations & that necessary liabilities are identified & managed.
The successful candidate will need to have experience in,
• Commercial Management experience within projects up to £ 20 Million.
• Change management.
• Strategic management of procurement.
• Resolution of contractual differences.
• Ability to be a strategic & innovative thinker.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in negotiating with clients and trade contractors.
• Technical understanding and working knowledge of forms of contract.
• Qualified with RICS, MCIoB
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Commercial Management / Contract Management
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164031BR