AECOM Cost Manager in Peterborough, United Kingdom
Business Line Program, Cost, Consultancy
Position Title Cost Manager
United Kingdom - Norfolk
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm who provide cost and project management and consultancy services to public and private sector clients around the world.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including Cost Managers, Project Surveyors, and Project Managers — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world. We are a leader in all of the key markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. We provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’.
Our Peterborough Business unit continues to grow, with a specific growth demand within the Infrastructure sector (Water, Rail, Power, Highways, Environment, Ports & Marine and Nuclear) where we have successfully secured positions with many high profile clients and some key local projects and programs in the industry.
As a direct result of this growth, we are currently seeking a full time Cost Manager to support in our business growth
You will be part of an exciting new team supporting us to successfully manage and deliver various capital projects across the Peterborough office, and wider UK & global AECOM.
The role would cover the whole project lifecycle from initial inception and business case development estimates, through the design and procurement process and onto the site delivery and commissioning phase.
• You should possess the skills and experience to actively support the internal team and manage more junior staff.
• You will help develop collaborative relationships with our clients and other professional colleagues within the industry.
• Day to day client point of contact for projects.
• Successful delivery of projects with supported supervision, leading to further repeat clients and their business.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are key.
• Ability to develop long term relationships with all team members, and effectively balance people and processes.
• Understands and can demonstrate the importance of Client focus.
• Experience of delivering technically complex projects in the Sectors highlighted above from inception to completion.
• Good understanding of project Governance and procurement processes.
• Experience of working in another comparable consultancy environment, or within a client organisation.
• Professional Qualified – ideally Quantity Surveying Degree
• Working towards Chartered Status with the RICS or other equivalent institution
• Good Understanding of contracts (NEC3, JCT, etc…)
• CSCS card holder
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 164032BR