Comcast Architect 2, Software Architecture in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for promoting the use of industry and Company technology
standards. Works with senior level architects to design and develop
updated infrastructure in support of one or more business processes
under supervision. Works with other architects to continue to develop
experience, knowledge, and skills in a discipline (ex. Technical
architecture). Interfaces with the enterprise architecture team and
other functional areas to ensure that the most efficient solution is
designed to meet business needs (well engineered, operable, maintainable
and delivered on schedule). Work priorities are set by team leads,
managers, and other lead architects. Works with moderate guidance in own
area of knowledge.
- Works with other architects to ensure programs are envisioned,
designed, developed, and implemented across the enterprise to met
- Assists in the development of solution architecture (both tactical and
strategic) to fully manage/support enterprise needs, services systems,
and technology managment.
- Assists in the planning and design of new or upgraded systems.
Interacts with cross-functional departments to implement improvements in
- Develops, documents, and ensures compliance with best practices
including but not limited to the following coding standards: object
oriented desgins, platform and framework specific design concerns, and
human interface guidelines.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer