AmeriHealth Caritas Business Systems Analyst Senior in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Business Systems Analyst Senior
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
This position facilitates requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs. Defines and documents internal and external user interfaces and supports system and data requirement clarification and definition. Also, acting as the liaison among internal and external stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements.
- Elicits and documents detailed business and/or functional requirements for use by business stakeholders, development and QA accurately
- Able to identify scenarios and downstream impacts to business deliverables or technical processes that are not readily evident
- Transforms business requirements to solutions
- Effectively documents the functionality to support business requests
- Analyzes business needs and translates them to clearly defined rules or deliverables
- Ability to navigate relational databases, Excel files, text files or other forms of data sources to conduct data analysis activities, when needed.
- Understanding of file layout specifications and how to interpret them
- Flexibility to quickly ramp up in new domains
- Ensuring delivery is on time
Communication and Collaboration
- Conveys ideas clearly and tailors communication based on selected audience (technical and non-technical)
- Facilitate meetings with various business stakeholders, IS/IT and external entities
- Follow-up with appropriate folks to achieve results and remove barriers for the project team
- Comfortable with interacting with all levels of management
- Understands, Plans, Executes, Follows-up. Interacts with others (internally and externally) diplomatically. Possesses effective and active listening skills.
- Sets clear unambiguous expectations, delivers, promptly follows-up, does not leave customer guessing. Negotiates and compromises effectively to reach group consensus when necessary.
- B.S. or equivalent business experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Business Systems Analyst in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities required.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with end-users, project teams, management, and vendors with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as individually, as required.
- Accommodate work schedule and works extra hours to meet crucial project deadlines, as required.
- HealthCare experience required.
- TriZetto Facets experience preferred.