AmeriHealth Caritas Credentialing Technician in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
The Credentialing Technician is responsible for the preparation of provider applications for the purposes of credentialing and recredentialing. This includes the retrieval of applications, review for completeness, and data entry into the Credentialing system for processing.
- Reviews applications for completeness and notifies providers of missing information prior to discontinuing processing of application.
- Accurately enter provider data into the Credentialing system for complete applications within the established turnaround times.
- Sends approval letters to providers upon completion of the credentialing process.
- Document completion of the recredentialing process in the system.
- Monitors, responds to, and/or directs all requests from the Credentialing mailboxes. Responses may require both telephonic and written correspondence with internal and external clients.
- May support other data entry needs of the department.
Job Related Requirements Knowledge/Qualifications/Skills/Abilities:
Required High School/GED with 2-4 years of experience Or
- Required Associate’s Degree with 0-2 years of experience
- Required 0-4 years of administrative experience based on a combination of education and experience.
- Required intermediate knowledge of PC applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Required strong organizational skills and strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Required ability to perform in a metrics-driven environment.minimum 2 years progressive secretarial /administrative experience.
- Preferred prior healthcare experience.