Comcast Devplr 5, Application Dev in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for leading technical design and development of new and
existing software applications. Integrates knowledge of business and
functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. Leads cross-functional teams or projects and shares
expertise. Interacts with peer teams, vendors, and other technical
experts as necessary. Acts a technical expert and mentor to junior
- Leads design activities with other Developers to ensure project
adheres to project specifications, and provides Project Manager with
level of effort estimations, milestone timelines, and periodic status
- Provides expertise in more than one functional area of technology and
provides architecture and design solutions for new applications or
- Manages entire life cycle of assigned projects. Plans and directs
multiple projects simultaneously; often spanning different lines of
business and/or technical disciplines.
- Works within project specifications to meet goals and objectives in a
timely and accurate manner; raises issues expediently that could impede
the project specifications or timelines.
- Writes application code, develops user interfaces, develops unit test
cases and harnesses; creates design, interface, system, and user
documentation; tests software and interfaces, supports end-to-end and
performance testing, and performs other tasks needed to complete
- Advocates for internal/external customers' business leads-influences
and drives Comcast executives to make new investments in technology and
opportunities. Serves as internal expert within department relative to
the most complex development problems and provides solutions which are
highly innovative and ingenious.
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources.
Leads technical meetings and provides troubleshooting direction.
Functions with great autonomy and independently provides guidance and
recommended solutions to complex technical issues within and outside the
- Works with Business Partners when developing technical requirements,
design, and status regarding production issues.
- Acts as an advocate for industry-current and recognized software
development procedures, policies, and processes.
- Provides software and hardware guidance based on industry-leading
tools and technologies.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to junior level Developers and
performs regular code reviews to enforce coding standards and quality.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 12 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer