Comcast Director, Data Science Integration in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Director, Data Science Integration
The Director, Data Science Integration is responsible for leading the development of a portfolio of data science products, projects, and initiatives in direct support of operational business objectives. This involves the conception, ideation, creation, and integration of data science products, projects, or initiatives with other departments, including Marketing, Care, Finance, and Technology and Product. The Director, Data Science Integration will lead a team and multiple functional areas which provides operational support, strategy, and products based upon the collection, analysis, and modeling of company data, and will be responsible for developing measurable operational goals and objectives to drive the utilization of the outputs of the EBI Data & Analytics Solutions Team. They will also be required to integrate Data Science functional areas, including machine learning, artificial intelligence, and advanced data visualization into large-scale, coordinated work streams by defining requirements, coordinating and conducting the execution of data analysis and analytics, and integrating outputs into a robust framework. This will involve working closely with end stakeholders to ensures operational plans are tightly aligned with business objectives, and will also involve the deployment and analysis of Comcast's data into robust products, projects, and initiatives. This individual will have a great degree of impact on business results, and typically will manage a specific functional area and a group of more professional employees. May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
- Leads the development of a portfolio of data science products, projects, or initiatives directly in support of business operations and the integration of the Data Science Team through leveraging data mining, predictive analytics, and statistical analysis.
- Drive impactful change through the coordination of multiple work-streams of teams, both internal and external to the department, typically involving analytical projects and initiatives of a larger scale that involve complex data science concepts and resulting in significant, measurable transformation to operational processes;
- Deploy and develop technologies such as API's, software front-ends, and data visualizations to influence internal and external client teams to adopt, support, or integrate data science products, projects, or initiatives directly into operational systems and processes
- Creates actionable recommendations and insights to address business objectives through the ad-hoc analysis and modeling of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Leverage analytical methodologies to develop business and functional requirements, schedules, and programmatic materials in support of data science products, projects, or initiatives.
- Participates in data intake, extraction, and ingestion processes to align priorities and define clear requirements based upon business value.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- May have responsibility for developing and managing a budget
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- This position will involve up to 25% travel.
BA/BS degree in data-driven disciplines such as economics, statistics, mathematics, or finance. MS/MA or MBA strongly preferred.
Years of Experience:
Generally requires 10 years of related job experience.
- Prior experience at a large consulting firm developing and deploying data-based solutions strongly preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to distill and present actionable information from complex research or analysis
- Experience working with and leading quantitative/technical projects and professionals
- Persuasive with excellent verbal and writing skills. Relentlessly motivated when working with large and complex datasets. Naturally receptive to direct feedback and constructive criticism. Thrives in a collaborative team-oriented environment that is highly matrixed.
- Familiarity with the integration of data into operational processes through the use of RESTful API's and software applications.
- Experience leading multiple, complex work streams or projects with minimal supervision or oversight from management.
- Knowledge of SAS and other open source analytics tools such as R and Python.
- Knowledge of big data, including Hadoop (hiveQL)
- Possesses a balance of general business knowledge, ability to work with multi-million record relational databases, analytical acumen, and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills at multiple levels of the organization, including management and cross-functional groups
- Ability to grasp complex analytical principles and techniques
- Ability to work through ambiguous situations to drive work product delivery
- Personal initiative to find opportunities and drive results working independently
- Expert skills in MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficiency in at least one analytical tool (e.g. SAS, R)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer