Comcast Director, Data Stewardship in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Data Stewardship team's focus is uniform access and complete transparency for Comcast data assets to enable informed business decisions that drive profitable growth. Manage the complete project lifecycle for new data integration, data integrity, and data standardization centered on single source of truth.
- Ownership of the"new business unit"data within Hadoop (MELD) & Teradata (NDW), the source of truth for the Comcast customer connected experience
- Develop and execute on roadmap to source, profile, prioritize, and ingest customer data across the Comcast connected experience landscape
- Responsible for close collaboration with the "new business unit" team to provide transparency and alignment on roadmap deliverables.
- Responsible for leading collaboration between data engineering, project management, and data quality teams throughout the project lifecycle to ensure successful deployment and maintenance of data assets
- Serve as Data Steward champion, driving awareness, understanding, and adoption of the "new business unit" data throughout the Enterprise Business Intelligence group and beyond, including Division and Regional offices
- Become subject matter expert in the "new business unit" data and to be able to articulate how it benefits business stakeholders
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field desired
- Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Data domain
- Following knowledge and experience as noted
-Hadoop / Horton Works required
-Hands on experience in HiveQL , Pig Latin scripts Plus
-Good knowledge in back-end programming, specifically java, JS, Node.js and OOAD Plus
-Proven understanding with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, and HBase - Plus
- Strong leadership, organization, and project management skills
- Exceptional focus on setting and achieving milestones and goals
- Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts.
- Interpersonal and diplomatic skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various functional areas, including Engineering, Region, Division and Corporate personnel
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer