Comcast Eng 1, Software Dev & Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Completes programming and implements, tests, and debugs
defined software components.
- Reviews, writes, and edits codes. Conducts analysis to determine
- Researches, writes, and edits documentation and technical
requirements, including software design evaluation plans, test results,
and technical manuals.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews
literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
- Applies full use and application of engineering methodologies related
to area of engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of engineering concepts and skills and knowledge of
their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer