Comcast Eng 3, Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for contributing in one or more areas of expertise in
collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises
in-depth knowledge of engineering skills and methodology. Applies
long-term objectives and plans related to the company's technical vision
to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering
developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company
standards with little direction. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and
skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts
as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Creates system architecture, design, and specification within
engineering projects and initiatives. Uses in-depth engineering skills
and knowledge to solve difficult development problems and achieve
-Strives to achieve Company business objectives and engineering
objectives in daily activity.
- Documents results of applied work processes and practical application
of technical standards. Reports results to management. Recommends
- Utilizes resources to solve moderate development problems and
recommends new resources to management.
- Sets the tone and pace for work performance within project groups and
impressionable Engineering staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer