Comcast Eng 4, Network Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for the design, implementation, operational support of the
Company internet protocol network. Provides expert-level technical
advice and support for real time analysis, design, testing, and
operations of internet protocol router networks, etc. Integrates
knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key
contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or
projects and shares expertise.
- Provides technical leadership and directions as a primary technical
resource on internet protocol router network technologies.
- Analyzes internet protocol network design and traffic flows for
- Configures routing to efficiently distribute customer traffic.
- Analyzes traffic engineering data to forecast network capacity
- Follows Engineering design life cycle with proper documentation
ensuring that all detailed designs adhere to network standards.
- Develops test and acceptance criteria for internet protocol networks.
Provides technical support for internet protocol network problems.
- Provides technical training to technicians and other
operations/engineering groups on current and future technology.
- Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with the regions and local
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer