Comcast Eng 4, Software Dev & Engineering (SDET) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for validating product quality by analyzing and testing the
quality of the code base. Focuses on writing code that will be executed
in an automated and repeatable fashion which will reduce manual testing
efforts and increase code quality and consistency. Develops and
maintains code that validates front-end, middleware, and database
systems, using the latest tools and programming languages. Provides
input into various software development lifecycle stages. Partners with
software engineers to write efficient automation code using coding
standards and best practices. Reports test execution results to senior
leadership. Repairs complex broken automation scripts, and performs peer
reviews of automation codebase. Integrates knowledge of business and
functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Write and edit complex, automated test code, using the same standards
as a Software Engineer, that allows for repeatable, reliable testing
solutions to test the wide functionality of products and software in
accordance with specifications and technical requirements, maintaining
automation codebase in a version control system (GIT, SVN). This may
include creating complex SQL queries for validation of databases and
writing SOAP and RESTful API automated scripts.
- Build new tools to assist in faster test automation and functional
testing efforts, and innovate on existing automation processes.
- Serve as a guide and mentor for junior-level engineers. Provides
technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices,
procedures and techniques.
- Review project progress, evaluates results and recommends corrections
in technical applications and analysis to executive teams.
- Perform code reviews of automation scripts and front-end codebases.
- Work closely with Test Engineers and Development teams to build test
script hooks that help in earlier and easier testing.
- Analyze broken test cases and diagnose and repair to working order.
- Diagnose and repair complex bugs within production code.
-Drive scrum meetings as ScrumMaster, perform backlog grooming, and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer