Comcast Eng 5, Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for acting as a team lead and providing internal expertise
in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Directs
and develops long-term objectives and plans related to the company's
technical vision. Provides innovative solutions for complex engineering
developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company
- Implements technical vision and strategies.
- Consults on internal projects and initiatives, researching and
recommending leading-edge-technology solutions.
- Abstracts and applies new technologies and relays processes.
- Administers proof-of-concept system development (systems and
- Stays knowledgeable of competition and important emerging technologies
- Monitors and reports on the progress of the department and all
technical projects towards the company's engineering goals and
strategies. Communicates feedback and analyses into actionable insight.
- Mentors team members.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer