AmeriHealth Caritas Long-Term Services and Support Housing Initiatives Director in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Long-Term Services and Support Housing Initiatives Director
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
- The Director of LTSS Housing Initiatives is responsible for leading AmeriHealth Caritas housing strategy for its multi-state Long Term Services and Supports programs serving low-income, medically complex, and vulnerable populations. This includes responsibility for the following:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the organization's housing strategy for its Long Term Support Services programs.
- Conducting research, evaluation and analysis of demographic and housing data in order to assist in identifying housing options for LTSS members.
- Identifying barriers that exist in target markets to find suitable living situations.
- Developing approaches to assist individuals in LTSS programs in securing accessible, affordable housing through Federal, state and local programs. This includes, but is not limited to, collaborating with federal, state and local affordable housing agencies such as Housing and Urban Development (HUD), State Housing Authorities, subsidized housing, public housing authorities and voucher programs.
- Establishing innovative partnerships with such housing agencies to develop and increase access to affordable and accessible housing options, particularly for those who wish to transition to the community.
- Exploring the connection between health care and housing for low-income and under insured populations.
- Developing standards, training and procedures to be used in supporting the LTSS Care Teams (Care Coordinators/Service Coordinators, Housing Coordinators and Transition Coordinators) with identifying housing options and resources for LTSS members.
- Serving as a subject matter expert and organizational resource in housing for people served through Long Term Services and Supports programs.
- Working Collaboratively with team members and management across the organization as needed to complete program deliverables.
- Establishing program benchmarks and evaluating success of housing initiatives against those standards, providing feedback and recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Knowledge and working understanding of federal housing policies
- Experience in Medicaid/LTSS programs and regulations preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree business management, urban studies/planning, public administration, or human service related field or equivalent Ability to establish relationships with necessary housing authorities/agencies
- 5-8 years’ of experience with federal and state housing and funding mechanisms (HUD subsidies, Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), Federal Home Loan Bank, USDA’s Rural Development programs, etc.) to include experience assisting older adults, the elderly and persons with disabilities with securing affordable housing in addition to working with housing providers to develop accessible and affordable housing
- Proven ability to conduct root cause analysis, plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects
- Proven ability to research
- Strong analytical and decision making abilities
- Proven ability to speak in public and conduct effective presentations
- Demonstrates outstanding negotiation, presentation, and facilitation skills