Comcast Manager, Credit and Collections in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the overall management of the Credit & Collectionsdepartment, including developing and improving the operationalgoals of the department. Lead team of credit & collection analysts who areresponsible for conducting credit investigations, removing obstacles to customer payment, and producing a positive customer experience. Handles hiring, training, and staff development.
- Partners with Accounting Director to develop & lead effective Collections strategy in accordance with productivity goals
- Reviews and provides guidance on collection strategies while maintaining superior customer service
- Analyzes and actively manages quantitative and qualitative performance metrics and communicates results and Key Performance Indicators to Director and Staff in an effort to boost productivity
- Ensures the overall accuracy of the monthly aging report, by making timely bad debt write-offs and one-time adjustments
- Manages relationship with Outside Collection Agencies in collaboration with Accounting Director; including monthly placement files, communication on new Company initiatives, goal setting, Calibration Calls, and reporting review. Makes suggestions for process changes when necessary
- Works cross-functionally with other areas to ensure consistentbusiness operations and field contractor processes.
- Prepares activityreports,financial position forecasts, and reports required byregulatory agencies.
- Maintains superior customer-focused standard for self and team
- Evaluates the effectiveness of current collection policies andprocedures.
- Reviews analysis of activities, costs, and operations; forecasts datato determine department or division progress toward stated goals andobjectives.
- Plans and organizes workflow for non-pay collections
- Monitors and develops projects and action plans.
- Monitors activity of aged accounts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Business
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- MS Office Suite (focus in Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Customer Experience Oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solution Oriented
- Call Center experience a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer