Comcast Manager, New Businesses in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for identifying and strategizing plans to achieve long-term goals and objectives of the organization. Identifies and recommends merger and acquisition opportunities and other growth and profitability opportunities. Manages the daily operations of the Strategic Planning department. Manages professional employees and/or supervisors, and may manage business support/technical staff. Has accountability for managing financial resources. Provides subject matter guidance to employees. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for organizational unit. Develops processes and procedures toimplement functional strategies.
- Conducts special studies for top management in areas such as the organization's operational effectiveness, capacity utilization, operating cost containment.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends specific merger and acquisition opportunities; supports the execution of transactions and assists with managing the details of post-merger integration efforts.
- Communicates and interfaces with potential business partners.
- Interprets business analysis such as cash-flow analysis, forecast analysis, break-even analysis and communicates results to senior management in a meaningful way.
- Directs and participates in projects for environmental scans,organizational positioning analyses, and other studies related to the Company's growth and profitability.
- Creates the economic analysis and business models of specific products/services, companies, and industry sectors.
- Develops, mentors, and trains Strategic Planning team and monitors to make sure departmental goals are being met. Conducts work performance evaluations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer