Comcast Mgr 1, Product Management in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for product management activities for multiple products, or
one strategic product. Serves as a major resource to other product
managers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems or
leading them on larger projects. Leads cross-functional teams to
envision new product features. Coordinates among a wide range of
cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that products
get to market per specifications, within budget, and on schedule.
Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides
subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes
and procedures to drive department efficiencies and assists in the
development of, and meeting of, departmental budget.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to launch new services,
feature,s and enhancements on time and within budget.
- Gathers input to define product concepts. Justifies expenditures for
products. Defines and analyzes markets. Evaluates technologies. Develops
detailed product features and requirements, and develops implementation
- Participates in product modification, cost reduction, margin analysis,
advertising and promotion, forecasting, product positioning, and
- Accountable for profit and loss or budgetary management for assigned
- Directs the product planning and scheduling process according to sales
volume, inventory requirements and materials availability.
- Establishes and implement policies and procedures needed to achieve
- Develops, mentors, and trains Specialists to ensure department work
performance and objectives are met.
- Manages, gathers, and analyzes competitive intelligence data for
- Provides product support and documentation and develops product
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer