Comcast Mgr 2, Software Dev & Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the
planning and designing of software and web applications. Manages
projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements,
and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct
testing. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures
operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to
functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on
business results, and typically manages one or more groups of
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web applications,
including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
- Provides guidance to the Software Engineering team and other
departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as
primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products and
applications. Organizes software update process for existing
applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines,
specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares
period reports and/or proposals. Monitors and tracks project progress
and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments
within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and
- Provides leadership and direction to department personnel from
lower-level managers to non-exempt employees.
- Manages cross-project communications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer