Comcast Network Engineer Intern - Philadelphia Metro in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast Engineering and Technology Internship Program is a summer program based at various Comcast locations throughout the greater US. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus career fairs, partner organizations, and direct applications. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 40 hour/week schedule over the course of 11 weeks throughout the summer.
Additionally, you experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
The Network Engineer Intern will primarily be responsible for the infrastructure and core routing design of CRAN (Converged Regional Area Network). Additional duties will include performance engineering, real time analysis and optimization of the existing CRAN. The Comcast CRAN combines the following services data, voice, and video-onto a single converged IP infrastructure.
- Perform sustained engineering duties to support CRAN services-data, video, and voice products
- Create and document all high-level and detailed network designs
- Design and develop an ecosystem around router Streaming Telemetry ensuring efficient use of resources, availability and scalability
- Monitor network capacity, plan and implement market augments as needed
- Model network capacity for failure scenarios to proactively predict routing and topology changes.
- Participate in the development and planning for the roll-out of future hardware and software versions of CRAN/Commercial network devices.
- Assist in efforts to automate internal processes/tools for departmental engineering tasks as needed.
- Participate in assigned interdepartmental technical projects.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a United States-based college or university
- Major: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- CCNA/JNCIA certification preferred
- Prior experience with Big-data platforms, time series and Grap databases (Prometheus, Neo4j)
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra)
- Working familiarity with semi-structured data (JSON, XML including XPath); data modeling language familiarity a plus (YANG, YAML)
- Strong Linux skills
- Basic understanding of network engineering
- Some knowledge and experience with layer 3 routing protocols OSPF, IS-IS and BGP.
- Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper configurations is a plus
- Experience implementing DSCP based ACL on Cisco platform a plus
- Demonstrated initiative to build relationships both internally and externally with minimal supervision/direction from management
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and work on them simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Well versed in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to enter the Media / Technology / Advertising industry upon graduation and passionate about innovation
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer