AmeriHealth Caritas Pharmacy Call Center Technician in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Pharmacy Call Center Technician
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
PerformRx is a pharmacy benefits manager (PBM) dedicated to clinical culture, boutique service and holistic solutions. Our mission is to help customers, doctors and patients use effective medication therapy to improve health and wellness. For more than 15 years, our focus has been on providing optimal service through a clinical culture which seeks to provide members with high quality care while ensuring our partners receive favorable costs. That culture is reflected in our employees; more than 80 percent of our staff members are Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians, and in the services we provide.
PerformRx is headquartered in Philadelphia with offices on both coasts, leading to better pharmacy benefit management across the nation. Our dedication to innovation and to providing the most efficacious outcomes is the core of our clinical culture and is the heart of PerformRx. PerformRx is a subsidiary of the AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies.
Monday - Friday
- 9:00am - 5:30pm
- 9:30am - 6:00pm
- 10:00am - 6:30pm
- 10:30am - 7:00pm
The Pharmacy Technician supports the organization’s mission and purpose by providing first-line customer support for our diverse portfolio of customers. This individual will be responsible for handling inbound inquiries from Members, pharmacies, and prescribers in its National Contact Center, maintaining the standard for service levels, including research of relevant issues; and meeting all performance standards required of the position.
- Analyze, evaluate and work to resolve customer inquiries and issues.
- Interact with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions to customers and appropriate internal staff..
- Use judgment and problem-solving skills to solve customer problems.
- Use multiple screens of information simultaneously to address customer needs.
- Follow processes according to contact center standards to ensure contact handling accuracy and operational effectiveness.
- Use technology tools as directed and within established guidelines.
- Adhere to precise work schedules, taking continuous phone calls for extended periods of time.
- Answer prior authorization inquiries calls as well as research and resolve formulary and benefit issues
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Minimum one year Pharmacy Technician experience in healthcare setting
- PTCB Pharmacy Certification required or ability to obtain within six-months of employment