Comcast Principal, Data Scientist in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast has several opportunities for Data Scientists to join a small but elite team within the Enterprise Business Intelligence group. As member of the Data Science team, you will leverage internal and external data to develop and deploy predictive models which enable the organization to make data driven decisions. Your work will revolve around understanding complex businesses, large and complex data manipulation, model building, model validation, model implementation and ensuring all model documentation provides full model transparency.
- Develop and deploy predictive models based on historical data that provide future predictions about customer behavior
- Develop data mining, machine learning, statistical and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets for business insights and partner with the data engineering team to ensure proper implementation and usage of algorithms
- Lead complex interdepartmental data science programs that designs solutions across one or more technologies
- Lead development and implementation of scalable big-data driven solutions for accurate targeting of users with relevant business treatments and efficient algorithmic inventory. Manage challenges associated with investigating and understanding large datasets, and building models based on Big Data solutions
- Lead a small group of less experienced team members on analytical projects or on cross-functional teams. Frequently serves as team lead on multiple projects, mentor and train junior team members
- Define enterprise data strategy and data monetization processes through analysis of rich streams of unstructured data to find correlations between events and identify opportunities to optimize defined desired outcomes
- Master's degree, PhD preferred
- Field of study in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational Research, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Generally requires 11 years related experience
- Ability to explain complex statistical problems and solutions to laymen
- Has a good understanding of overall business, including financial acumen, ability to convert complex data into insights and action plans, demonstrated in-depth understanding of predictive modeling life cycle and architects projects through implementation
- Advanced level proficiency with statistical modeling techniques such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, support vector machines, clustering techniques
- Intermediate to Expert level proficiency with statistical probabilistic modeling techniques such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, support vector machines, clustering techniques, etc.
- Advanced skills in developing statistical targeting models using at least 2 of the following tools-SAS, R, KNIME, SPSS, Python, RapidMiner, Weka, MATLAB, Statistica, KXEN, Bayesia, etc.
- Expert working within enterprise data warehouse environments platforms (Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, etc.) and working within distributed computing platforms such as Hadoop and associated technologies such as SQL, HQL, MapReduce, Spark, Storm, Yarn, Kafka, Sqoop and Hive
- Expert in at least 1 programming language such as Python, Scala, Julia, Java, C , etc
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer