Comcast Project Mgr 2, Project Management in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for managing the complete life cycle of straight-forward to
moderately complex projects, including approval, planning, execution,
and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time. Develops
budgets, timelines, and ensures progress-to-plan, as well as tracking
critical project achievements. Works with vendors and team to establish
and achieve goals. Coordinates the activities of a cross-functional team
including exempt and non-exempt employees. Works with moderate guidance
in own area of knowledge.
- Manages all assigned projects to completion, ensuring on-time
delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintenance of overall
- Uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks,
- Identifies project scope and objectives. Manages a cross-functional
team including third party vendors and other resources; coordinates
activities to achieve goals.
- Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action item
registers, and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects.
Plans and directs schedule and budget.
- Coordinates resources and needs, developing and maintaining regular
contact with vendors for support and services.
- Maintains communication with stakeholders. Provides status reports to
Project Managers, vendors, stakeholders, and resources.
- Facilitates project meetings.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning
and presents solutions and/or options to executive management.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer