Comcast Researcher in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
POSITION Researcher, User Experience & Market Research
Comcast Technology & Product Development
LOCATION: Philadelphia PA (HQ)
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, XD Research
Comcast is seeking a highly organized self-starter, eager to support a variety of responsibilities for the Experience Design (XD) Research team in the management and execution of qualitative and quantitative studies with our customers.
The XD Research team employs a variety of techniques including customer interviews and usability testing in our Comcast Center labs, field research in customers’ homes, surveys, industry research reviews and more to gather data and develop insights critical to improving our customers’ experience. We work closely with product, design, and engineering teams to identify opportunities for research, to ensure our products and services are useful, usable and desirable from the customer’s point of view. Our work touches multiple products and platforms including digital interfaces (online, mobile and TV), industrial design and service design initiatives.
As a Researcher, you will play a critical role, supporting the end-to-end process of gathering insightful data, from study design to the communication of insights.
Lead quantitative and qualitative research studies for the XD Research team.
- Conduct research to identify potential unmet consumer needs that form the basis for new product/feature offerings OR evaluate existing products.
- Create research plans utilizing primary qualitative and quantitative customer research and secondary research to develop insights and identify trends.
- Select appropriate methods for consumer research projects based on stakeholders’ goals and areas of inquiry.
Lead research activities including:
Designing and programming online questionnaires
- Writing discussion guides
- Moderating interviews and focus groups
- Analyzing data (ex. transcript coding, cross-tabs, statistical analysis)
- Writing reports
- Presenting findings to stakeholders
- Analyze data to uncover stories, themes and trends, leveraging strong organizational and analytical skills to synthesize information from various primary and secondary sources.
Develop, present and publish comprehensive and actionable research reports that tell a story, using compelling data visualizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Market Research, Marketing, Business, Statistics, Human Factors OR other related field preferred
- 3-5 years experience in consumer insights, market research or UX research.
- Demonstrated high proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables, formulas, data visualization etc.
- Statistical and survey software experience with cross-tabulation, SPSS, Decipher or Qualtrics preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in building presentations including data visualizations using either PowerPoint or Keynote
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Self starter
- Ability to flex between collaboration and independent work as needed
- Experience with segmentation and personas
- Understanding of BI tools and data visualization such as Tableau.
- Experience with analytics software for digital systems (ex. Omniture, Google Analytics, Localytics)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer