Comcast Scientist 3, Entrprs Data & Anlytcs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for leveraging internal and external data to provide
insights and information which supports a facts-based decision making
process. Provides input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool
selection. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own
discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for
colleagues with less experience.
- Develops and executes statistical and mathematical solutions to
business problems. Frames problem, develops roadmap, and communicates
intended approach and quantitative methods to develop solution.
- May serve as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional
teams. Mentors and train junior team members.
- Improve products and services or solve problems using best practice
and knowledge of internal and or external business issues.
- Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts
of data, extracting actionable insights using advanced statistical
techniques such as data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and
machine learning techniques and statistics (e.g., predictive models,
LTV, propensity models). Build customer centric models and optimization
tools to support large scale projects that utilize online & offline
data, structured & unstructured data, set top box data, and
- Develop and deploy predictive models based on historical data that
provide future predictions about customer behavior.
- Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans
based on applying data science techniques to business data.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational
Research, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer