Comcast Scientist 4, Entrprs Data & Anlytcs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for leveraging internal and external data to provide
insights and information which supports a facts-based decision making
process. Provides input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool
selection. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial
environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Lead a small group of less experienced team members on analytical
projects or on cross-functional teams. Frequently serves as team lead on
multiple projects, mentor and train junior team members.
- Review and approve methodologies used for advanced analysis projects
(predictive models, clustering/segmentation, etc.) by junior team
members and others
- Leads complex projects using wide breadth of data sciences and
- Manages the review, revision and maintenance of existing internal
procedures to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Determine appropriate methods, prove viability of selected method and
educate internal teams as to the analytical foundation.
- Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts
of data, extracting actionable insights using advanced statistical
techniques such as data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and
machine learning techniques and statistics (e.g., predictive models,
LTV, propensity models).
- Leads large scale projects that utilize online & offline data,
structured & unstructured data, set top box data
(media/behavioral/attitudinal) to build customer centric models and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master's Degree
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational
Research, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer