Comcast Senior Data Analyst in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Technology and Product (T&P) is seeking a Senior Data Product Analyst to join our talented Data Engineering and Analytics team. Our team is responsible for gathering requirements and defining the data roadmap all of our world-class T&P products. The data analyst we are seeking will work directly with our X1, broadband, and Home Security engineering teams.
In this role, the candidate will closely collaborate with our stakeholders, data producers and engineering teams in order to design and develop data products to meet the analytics and reporting needs of our internal and external customers.
The primary responsibilities of this role include analyzing the data landscape and system dependencies to deliver data to all data consumers. The operational framework will contain tasks such as developing data set definitions, data product documentation and working closely with the engineering teams to manage the development of the data products. The role also involves acting as a data steward, providing support to data consumers on how to use data to meet their analytics and reporting needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience multi-tasking between both multiple teams and multiple projects. The candidate should be able to communicate the status and progress of their work clearly to varying levels of stakeholders in both technical and non-technical roles.
- Can build, develop and mature delivery team relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and customers
- Owns the design, scheduling and output of your User Stories and Defects.
- Can work with other Product Owners, regardless of agile or serial based models in scheduling work delivery and best product/platform design.
- Works primarily at the Team/Product layer delivering features, designing and approving User Stories and Defects.
- Can provide detailed product updates including feature, user story and defect delivery states.
- Is the gatekeeper to product inspection in prep for production delivery.
- Can walk through a roadmap in one meeting and through a data schema in the next followed by a marketing study in the third meeting without losing a beat or interest level.
- Loves new technology and researches it for R&D purposes.
- Experience working with data tools used for searching, monitoring and analyzing machine-generated data is a plus
- Experience in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Storm, AWS, SQL, etc is a plus
- Experience in data visualization or data analysis tools such as Tableau, Zeppelin, Datameer, Databricks is considered a plus
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. B.S. or M.S. in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science) is considered a plus.
- Technical background in data analytics and/or software development considered a plus.
- Generally requires 4-5 years related experience.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience in Software Lifecycle Management and Product Management
- Experience working with mobile and web development teams
- Requires writing technical release notes and product specifications.
- Advanced skills in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Intermediate skills in a few agile delivery tools (JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Agile Craft) as well as roadmap design tools (JIRA Portfolio, Folio, Aha!)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer