Comcast Software Developer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for validating product quality by analyzing and testing the
quality of the codebase. Makes decisions affecting architecture of the
test codebase including which software to use for writing test code.
Focuses on writing code that will be executed in an automated and
repeatable fashion which will reduce manual testing efforts and increase
code quality and consistency. Develops and maintains code that validates
front-end, middleware, and database systems, using the latest tools and
common programming languages. Provides input into various software
development lifecycle stages. Partners with software engineers to write
efficient automation code using coding standards and best practices.
Executes automated code and creates comprehensive execution reports for
team. Repairs complex broken automation scripts, and performs peer
reviews of automation codebase. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and
skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts
as resource and mentor for colleagues with less experience.
- Write automated test code, using the same standards as a Software
Engineer , that allows for repeatable, reliable testing solutions to
test the wide functionality of products and software, maintaining
automation codebase in a version control system (GIT, SVN). May include
creating simple SQL queries for validation of databases and / or writing
SOAP and RESTful API automated scripts.
- Create automated testing documentation, including Test Plans, Test
Summary Reports, etc.
- Execute automated test scripts, and presents results to team.
- Analyze broken test cases and diagnose and repair to working order.
- Perform code reviews of automation scripts and front-end codebases.
- Diagnose and repair simple bugs within production code.
- Serve as a guide and mentor for junior-level engineers. Provides
technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices,
procedures and techniques.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer