Comcast Software Engineer, Digital Home in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast's Digital Home organization is seeking a Software Developer to join our Engineering team. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the Digital Home platform, middleware and mobile applications with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role, you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, tech-operators and business managers to develop features for the Xfinity Digital Home applications. The primary responsibilities will include developing client interfaces and middleware for the Xfinity Digital Home platform. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building and testing both APIs and either web or mobile client applications. Job duties include a balance between development and fast-paced critical thinking, communication, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- 2 years experience building Java-based web sites, web applications and/or middleware services
- Experience building and/or using RESTful web services
- Experience in caching especially in HTTP compliant caches
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of deploying and operating on public or private cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services, Azure, OpenStack)
- Knowledge of Hypermedia Application Language (HAL) web services
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of source control systems (GitHubEnterprise)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins, AntHillPro)
- Familiarity with cloud computing tools and technologies (S3, SQS, Cassandra...)
- DevOps experience
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Digital Home Engineers are passionate about teamwork, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day. Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer