Comcast Software Engineer Intern - Philadelphia in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Comcast Engineering and Technology Internship Program is a summer program based at various Comcast locations throughout the greater US. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus career fairs, partner organizations, and direct applications. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 40 hour/week schedule over the course of 11 weeks throughout the summer.
Additionally, you experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from a United States-based college or university
- Major: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Java Programming
- Linux Embedded Programming
- C/C Programming
- Well versed in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to enter the Media / Technology / Advertising industry upon graduation and passionate about innovation.
- Current and future authorization to work in the United States of America
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer