Comcast Software Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Java Software Engineer will actively contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation and support of highly scalable client-server based software applications. This hands-on, customer impacting, position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of client-server application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully prioritizing, planning, organizing and executing software development projects in a fast paced dynamic environment.
Responsible for developing code in a multi-threaded Java server environment that services millions of customers and relies on well executed and efficient code solutions and patterns.Candidate should provide well-considered patches and features, as well as determine current system limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications and development of major routines and utilities.
The system runs entirely in the cloud on over 10,000 virtual machines, produces upwards of 30 terabytes of logs per day, and services over 24 million simultaneous devices.We are a dev-ops and agile team that releases new software every 3 weeks, and we are looking for someone who takes ownership and pride in their work.The right candidate will have a singular dedication to the customer experience, and a strong desire to learn new technologies while expanding their technical skills in multiple directions.
- 5 years of Java software development engineering experience
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills: verbal, written, listening, including customer relationships
- Experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
- Experience in Java, client-server / service development including threading (Executor), Queuing, call backs, and work with Futures
- Experience with highly-scalable client-server applications and distributed web service development (must have hands-on experience with RESTful web services)
- Experience in designing complex UI components/widgets and workflow
- Critical thinker resulting in expert trouble shooting skills with an in-depth knowledge of debugging and logging tools in a multi-threaded environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience designing, building and supporting APIs for third party consumption
- UNIX/Linux background
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON and protocol buffers
- Experience with Splunk/ELK or other log management tools
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer