Comcast Sr. Manager OSS/BSS Operations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Manager of OSS/BSS Operations will provide end-to-end production support for Enterprise Applications. This team is tasked with supporting OSS/BSS, Middleware and Data Management Systems, including billing, provisioning, activation, authentication, transaction processing and location service applications. In this capacity, the team has responsibility for the critical systems our customer-facing employees depend upon in their daily work activities to provide the best possible experience to our customers. The leader of this team must work closely with peers within the Advanced Operations organization, as well as build excellent working relationships with senior leaders across the company. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building dynamic teams, is a creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, learner, and a fantastic leader of people. The leader of this organization will build a team of subject matter experts will need to have a strong mix of both technical knowledge of the systems and technologies that support OSS/BSS platforms, as well a strong focus on customer experience. This leader must also have demonstrated excellence in Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Develops and leads a world-class team focused on best-in-class reliability engineering and operations methodologies
- Develops strong managers, able to perform effective Incident Management from incident start through resolution, partnering with Engineering and Deployment to determine root causes, and driving rigorous Problem Management to follow through on actions
- Fosters and encourages a culture of clear and precise communication, continuous improvement, and employee engagement
- Challenges existing methods and drives new paradigms
- Provides both strategic leadership for the organization, as well as hands-on tactical daily leadership
- Develops strong working partnerships built on responsiveness and mutual accountability, with leaders inside and outside of the organization
- Sets monthly/quarterly goals and objectives and ensures resources are efficiently aligned to organizational goals and objectives
- Strong experience with Intake, Problem Management and Service Availability Management
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex emergent situations clearly and plainly
- 8 years’ experience with OSS platforms, Middleware & Business integeration
- Knowledge on Oracle Fusion Middleware (SOA Suite), SOAP, ESB, OSB, Weblogic, Rest services (JSON), WSDL, XML, XSL/XSLT, VISIO, Excel, API, Microservices, WebLogic, Cloud, LaaS, PaaS.
- Ability to establish rapport, credibility, and influence in a highly cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to drive best practice innovation
- Highly collaborative with a strong work ethic
- Embraces challenges, displays strong creative flexibility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Familiarity with ITIL and/or eTOM frameworks
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer