Comcast Sr. Manager, Strategic Analytics in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Sr. Manager, Strategic Analytics Digital
The Comcast Enterprise Business Intelligence (EBI) Strategic Analytics team is looking for an analytical thought leader to help drive the multi-year digital transformation strategy for the enterprise. Your work will directly impact decisions of the Comcast Digital Center of Excellence team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working in the digital analytics space evaluating transactional functionality launches.
- Be able to partner and build successful and strong relationships with the digital, customer experience, and marketing teams to find game changing insight through quantitative analysis facilitated by accurate experimental design.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and conduct analysis that drives meaningful change on KPIs and critical objectives established by the care and operations teams.
- Be adept at managing competing priorities through planned and ad-hoc requests.
- Have experience working and joining together large, disparate data sets to uncover actionable insights.
- Promote and evangelize a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, intellectual curiosity, knowledge sharing and teamwork while maintaining an environment that is upbeat and fun.
- Supports fact-based solution strategies for key business issues raised by clients to ensure that all important issues are addressed fully, appropriately, and accurately.
- Leverages analytical background to determine when certain quantitative research tools and models should be used and assists in interpretation and development of implications to address client problems.
- Supports the establishment of policies, standards, best practices, and security measures to assure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources
- Able to filter through the ambiguity of business problems to be able to produce a high-quality work product
- Focus on analysis that will improve the bottom line in terms of increasing OCF and/or taking call costs out of the business by driving transactions from offline to digital means.
- Supports the planning and deployment of data engineering and analytics solutions, policies and procedures, including design of source documents, operational requirements, and performance reports.
- Supports the continuing review of all current systems/applications/tools and formulation of future analytical systems/applications/tools so as to efficiently accomplish business processes and goals within (and ideally ahead) of budget
- Sticks to defined goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals
- Understands the needs of non-technical internal application users, and maintains strong support relationships with Managers, leads, and end-users community in all business areas
- Identifies possible conflicts with the strategy and recommends cost effective alternatives
- Carries out post-event analysis to validate forecast assumptions and identifies all additional factors associated with the change
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Digital Experience Highly Preferred experience working with Omniture, Google Analytics, other Adobe Analytics products or web-reporting software a plus
- Must be proficient in SQL. Experience in R, and/or SAS as well as other relational database analytical tools is helpful
- Big Data Experience a plus working in Hadoop
- Demonstrated creativity in identifying the "so what" from multiple and disparate sources of information
- Self-professed "data geek"
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that incite action
- "Lean forward" bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple projects in parallel
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills ability to "tell the story"
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels
- Work on problems requiring judgment and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Independently identify key issues, patterns or deviations from norm
- Skill in identifying data issues and anomalies during analysis
Preferred Educational Level:
- BA/BS degree in marketing, economics, statistics, psychology, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or finance
- 8 years working experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer