Comcast Sr. Remediation Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Do you love finding and fixing vulnerabilities before others can find and exploit them?
Do you like mission-critical security work where you collaborate to solve real world problems?
Are you good at influencing and leading peers without having direct responsibility for them?
Can you hold your own against experienced engineers to determine whether an issue has truly been remediated?
Do you want to be part of a purpose-driven culture with opportunities for innovation and personal development?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE
You will work in a supercharged, fast moving environment with some of the industry's smartest application and platform teams who are responsible for creating products that deliver the digital experience to millions of our customers. You will act as a team lead and manage the burndown of the security vulnerabilities catalog, remediate high-risk security issues, and partner with and influence the engineering teams to correctly balance security risk with product advancement.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Curate and risk rate vulnerability findings from multiple sources such as IDS, Scans, Public Reports, Assessment Teams, etc.
- Identify false positives and risk acceptance candidates, perform root cause analysis, confirm vulnerabilities and remediation solutions
- Manage the burndown of remediation activities
- Document user stories and best practices for development of remediation strategies
- Prioritize and execute remediation actions
WHAT YOU SHOULD POSSESS
- Solid understanding of common security vulnerabilities and vulnerability management practices
- Familiarity with development and programming including offensive programming practices and Agile development
- Understanding of hardware, embedded software, and application architectures to communicate technology requirements to related teams
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A cool and casual work environment where you will sharpen and showcase your skills within a team focused on beating cyber criminals
- A place that values results and teamwork, mentors our people, and supports individuals as they pave their own way to success
- A culture of continuous learning and innovation with formal and informal learning and growth opportunities
- The chance to shape the engineering culture at Comcast
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
- Ethical hacking background and/or 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Discipline to handle confidential matters with appropriate sensitivity
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer