Indian Health Service Podiatrist in Pinon, Arizona
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives. The Podiatrist provides comprehensive podiatry care services to Pinon Health Center patients which requires the recognition of diseases, primarily Diabetes Mellitus and other complex surgical problems and may also include providing consultation to others in the same or other specialties. Pinon Health Center is a facility within Chinle Service Unit, and located in Pinon, Arizona. The position reports to a Medical Officer. The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-NJ-1996712-DE for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
- Provide clinical podiatry services; Assignments involve the full range of medical problems in specialty field including recognition and treatment of complex diseases
- Evaluate patients for podiatry care
- Provides office based podiatry care
- Works with other health care professionals and support staff to ensure proper podiatry consultation and follow-up
- Occasional Travel
- 1-5 days per month for meeting and trainings
- Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid only if you are a current Federal employee. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement . Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
BASIC REQUIREMENT(S): Degree: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (D.P.M.) from a school of podiatric medicine accredited by the Council on Podiatric Medical Evaluation in the year in which the degree was granted
Licensure: Applicants must be currently licensed to practice podiatric medicine in one of the States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
Applicants who meet the basic requirements qualify for GS-11. In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
GS-14: *Applicants must have 1 year of experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level (GS-13) in the practice of podiatry in an office, clinic, or hospital Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks: Experience indicating mastery or skilled application of theories and practices of podiatry and a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology, microbiology, pathology, and pharmacology; applying knowledge and skill to a wide range of direct patient care services sufficient to perform highly specialized assignments of an advanced nature and considerable difficulty; knowledge and application of primary care principles, theories, methods and techniques to provide effective, efficient primary care services and ability to communicate, make presentations, explain recommendations, provide guidance, respond to inquiries and interact with officials and representatives from public and private organization while serving as a Podiatrist in a hospital, clinic, etc. *Additional Requirements: The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service. Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Q - Sensitive
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
Relocation and Travel Expenses paid.
Incentives may or may not be Paid depending on budgetary standards
Government Housing Available
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- Credentialing: The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to including removal from Federal service.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476693300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-10 to 2017-08-30
Salary: $101,409 to $131,833 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 14
Series: 0668 Podiatrist
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: IHS-17-NJ-1996710-ESEP/MP
Control number: 476693300