Comcast Dir 1, Community Investments in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for designing and implementing strategic plans, leveraging resources of all company-wide entities, and ensuring consistency with business objectives. Develops and promotes corporate community image, builds and promotes cable community image, and creates an overarching community investment plan.
Cooperates with key company stakeholders in the division and in the field. Directs multiple projects with strong follow-through. Provides leadership and direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
-Large event campaign planning and Project management.
- Deliver presentations to senior leadership, community leaders, organizations and groups.
- Direct volunteer teams including; Volunteer development, metrics and reports management, effectiveness, budget, performance and effectiveness.
- Manage budgets, data and strategic reporting.
- Ability to develop Business Partnerships, National and local Business Programs.
- Evaluates proposals, recommends grant recipients to the board of the foundation, disburses grant funds and Evaluates results.
- Works closely with non-profit organizations and community groups and communicates foundation guidelines to relevant public.
- Develops and maintains positive media relationships, generating community investments in both foundation and community programs.
- Develops image advertising; works with internal and external creative/graphic design team on images to be used company-wide reflecting community focus, consistent with business philosophy.
- Evaluates and selects cause marketing sponsorships, including events for corporate and cable that increase brand awareness.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with community partners to ensure effectively reaching mutual goals and objectives.
- Develops and drives cable division community image strategic programs, including helping to coordinate special events, targeting organizations for foundation grants and charitable contributions, and cause marketing sponsorships.
- Develops speeches and speaking points for community events/conferences representing Company corporation and cable division; positions the organization as a good corporate citizen.
- Responds and reacts to media inquiries. Develops media relationships.
- Performs duties such as servers on political action committees performing solicitations, disbursements, and reporting.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Generally requires 10 years related experience.
- 7 years in a community communications role in a for profit environment.
- Ability to manage large volunteer programs and the ability to direct volunteers to deliver participation and results.
- 5 years people management.
- High level of motivation, self-guided and a heightened sense of ownership.
- Comfort around numbers and numbers management. Example: senior level of excel skills, budgeting, metrix management, financial goal management and data analysis.
- Communications, public relations in a for profit environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer