Northwell Health Ward Clerk (w/ Transcription) - PART TIME in Plainview, New York
Req Number 001D24
Job Category General Clerical/Secretarial
The selected team member:
- Performs diversified receptionist duties including, but not limited to:
• Answering telephone, taking messages, and informing department staff of requests, as required.
• Directing patients, physicians and visitors to appropriate rooms, activities and other hospital areas, as needed.
• Creating and maintaining patient charts during hospital stays. Preparing charts to accompany patients during off-unit activity.
• Processing requests for lab work/diagnostic testing to appropriate department. Notifying charge nurse of any discrepancies or changes in orders.
• Reviewing patient charts upon discharge for completion and submits to Medical Records within twenty-four hours.
• Notifying Admitting Office of changes in census (i.e. transfer, expiration).
- Performs diversified clerical duties including, but not limited to:
• Checking, reordering and restocking department supplies and patient care items. Maintaining inventory in an orderly fashion.
• Submitting work orders/requests to various hospital departments (i.e. Central Service, Dietary, Environmental Services, etc.), as needed.
• Filing and maintaining various department records.
• Performs transcription duties, as required.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Medical Secretary coursework/ certification, preferred.
Prior clerical experience, preferred.
Typing 30 wpm and/or data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
Ability to perform transcription duties, required.
Ability to communicate effectively.