Bank of America Mainframe Applications Programmer in Plano, Texas
This position will be located in Plano, TX.
• Credit Card or Retail Banking domain experience
• Self-motivated and quick-learner who can take the full ownership of designs from concept to support
• Understand stakeholder’s expectations and objectives
• Work independently; Require less oversight/assistance
• Ensure processes are followed at all stages of Software Development Life Cycle
• Participate/host calls independently with onshore business and technology team
• Should be able to understand the problem and recommend solutions duringJAD/discussions/meetings
• Reviewing requirements specifications and other documents received from the stateside
• Prepare and/or review Impact Analysis, HLD and LLD
• Participate in SIT/UAT
• Develop & unit test complex batch and Online COBOL Programs/Components using DB2 and VSAM
*Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position*
Required Skills (“Must” have these skills to be minimally qualified):
• Technology: IBM Mainframe S390, z/OS
•Programming Languages & Tools: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, TSO, ISPF, File Manager, BMC, Expeditor for Batch and Online, CA-7
•Database: DB2, SPUFI -- must have skills to write SQL & Stored Procedures
•Configuration Management: Endevor
•Communication: Capable of clear and concise communication with customers, clients and other non-technical people. Should be able to participate or conduct conference calls with stateside team
•Waterfall Development Methodology
Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
Posting Date : 07/23/2017
Location : US-TX-Plano
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.