Kaiser Permanente Data and Infrastructure Intern in Pleasanton, California
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
This position is within the Digital Corporate Services and Solutions. We are a shared resource that hosts data environments for KP nationally. We are charged with supporting the infrastructure that hosts these environments. We support 900 servers and over 2PB of data in multiple data centers throughout the United States. Your efforts would be critical in supporting these environments while learning about one of the technology industry fastest evolving and changing platforms. You would not only learn about the latest in advancements in the technology, but also the platforms and technologies that have brought the capabilities to where we are at today in the industry.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Learning about infrastructure and how to support infrastructure running large-scale data platforms.
- Learning about environments hosting structured and unstructured data.
- Learning about large Intel and IBM POWER infrastructure
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
Documenting existing platforms and begin to integrate new platforms into those.
Working on creating and enhancing monitoring of data platforms
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - N/A Education - High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. - Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university within the last year. License, Certification, Registration - N/A
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and/or LINUX Operating Systems
- 3.0 GPA or above.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in a technical program with focus on data science.
- Working knowledge of supporting Intel and IBM POWER based Servers.
- Knowledge of Oracle database in a clustered environment.
- Knowledge of Cloudera Hadoop environments
Knowledge of Informatica, SAS, Tableau, or other ETL platforms.
Knowledge of Splunk.
COMPANY Kaiser Permanente
TITLE Data and Infrastructure Intern
LOCATION Pleasanton, CA