Waste Management Industrial Waste Processing Project Manager - Port Fourchon, LA in Port Fourchon, Louisiana
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Plans and directs all onsite activities at client location in relation to the processing and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous industrial wastes and other related services following federal, state & local regulations. Supervises and plans activities of onsite personnel. Serves as liaison between client and vendors in relation to service issues and contract management. Maintains pre-established standards for safety and environmental issues. Position requires 90% - 100% travel, and the standard work week is up to 60 hours per week.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Consult with client to identify, design and implement cost saving opportunities and proposals.
- Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Administer client and vendor financial obligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
- Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety, environmental, federal, state & local regulations.
- Assigns personnel to shifts and plans daily scheduled to operate plant facilities. Coordinates schedule to ensure that plant resources are being utilized to achieve project objectives.
- Prepares work orders either manually or from an Enterprise system as required and prepares work related reports, procurement requisitions, charts, graphs and data submittal requirements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that consistent process control and quality assurance procedures are followed in all assigned areas and shifts. Ensures that uniform monitoring and record keeping are performed.
- Reviews and evaluates process reports, records and logs. Identifies and implements corrective actions when necessary. Prepares reports for internal purposes, client and regulatory agencies.
- Provides leadership in achieving safety goals. Proactively manages safety and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal and State standards including hazardous waste disposal and air quality standards. Ensures that issues are identified, addresses and elevated if necessary, in a timely manner.
- Establishes maintenance schedules and ensures that machines, equipment, tooling and other accessories are properly maintained and in top working condition. Assists in diagnosing and evaluating complex equipment and process failures.
- Recommends and maintains an up to date plan of action to be taken in the event of emergencies such as machine, equipment or power failure. Executes the plan if necessary.
- May occasionally execute capital and facility improvement plans as required, oversee construction and maintenance of new processing equipment and be called upon to fill in or assist with handling excess production workload demands.
- Will operate equipment as needed.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
Direct supervision of approximately 10 to 15 full-time operations level employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Environmental Sciences, Accounting or Business, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Two years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Clean driving record
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- An entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and value to existing customers
- Supervisory and team building skills
- Creative problem solving and innovative thinker
- Strong MS Office experience (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Effective and concise communication
- Technical savvy
- Adept decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge
- Budgeting experience
- Understanding of sludge/dewatering process, water qualify assurance and maintenance and laboratory procedures
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to deliver results
- Mechanical aptitude
- Metrics and productivity reports and reporting
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job: varies depending on the client.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Engineering/Environmental Protection
Title: Industrial Waste Processing Project Manager - Port Fourchon, LA
Location: Louisiana-Port Fourchon
Requisition ID: 17000728